3 Penny Publishing was founded in 2010 in Victoria, BC, Canada. We curate a large section of self-publishing resources to inform, encourage and inspire indie authors. In addition, we publish our own books and bookazines. We also hold writing workshops. Our overall aim is to use writing and publishing to create a more livable world.
About our current projects
Currently, our main publishing project is My Opportunity & Help Book BC. In addition, we also publish a child-authored children’s book set in Beacon Hill Park and other locations in Victoria, BC. It is for sale at the BC Royal Museum Gift Shop. More publishing projects are planned for 2018.
Since 2010 we have held several self-publishing workshops with fiction and non-fiction authors and publishing experts. In 2011, we were lucky to have the talented Harry Leslie Smith speak via Skype about his journey to write and self-publish his memoirs. Notably, Harry only began his first book when he was in his 80s. He is now a best-selling author and activist and had his new book published by Icon Books in 2017.
Here are some of our past workshop speakers:
- Bruce Batchelor: founder of Print-On-Demand (POD) publishing
- Joyce Sandilands: promotion and sales of best-selling local history fiction series
- Rebecca Kennel: author of local non-fiction book ‘Victoria Bench-by-Bench’
- Grant McKenzie: international thriller novelist
- Matthew Ashdown: writer and former author coach
- Peggy Richardson: ebooks expert and publishing instructor
- Harry Leslie Smith: memoirist and activist (see above).
For more details, see our past events page.
For upcoming workshops go to our events page.
If you are looking for information and inspiration by current successful self-published authors, check out our Inspiring Quotes page.